The Summary Assessment Report
The Summary Assessment Report course compares a participant's skills in one or more assessments compared to their current skills. This report classifies compares the number of skills above the skills threshold to the total number of skills assessed. It also categorizes participants into three categories, Pass (needs minimal training), Train (needs moderate training), or Fail (needs intensive training). The thresholds settings are discussed in The Teacher Roadmap: 03 - Manage Course Settings
To run the Summary Assessment Report, select the reports item on the Teacher Tools menu
In the resulting window, Select All or check the boxes next to the selected participant(s), then click Generate Report.
The resulting report displays both the number of skills above the skills thresholds set in the course creation process, surrounded by a color-coded block.
In the above example, in the initial assessment 27 of the 38 phonemes assessed were above the skills threshold. The block is yellow indicating the moderate training will be required to achieve a passing score. The Legend shows the meaning of each color.
The website report can be exported as a .csv file using the export icon.
The resulting file can be displayed as a text document but is most useful as a spreadsheet document.
The above example shows the assessed skills scores on 11 July 2020. The details of this report include:
- The Course Full Name
- The course Short Name
- The Student Name
- The student's email address
- The Assessment Date
- Assessment Completion -(Y)es / (N)o
- Type - if more than one assessment the assessments are ordered by ascending number.
- Articulation Score shows how many pronunciation skills in the assessment were above the skills threshold.
- Total Phones is the number of sounds that are measured in the assessment.
- Articulation Results show Pass/Train/Fail categories based on the course settings.
- Grammar Scores is the number of grammar skills assessed that were above the skills threshold.
- Grammar Samples is the number of grammar skills assess.
- Grammar Results show Pass/Train/Fail based on the course settings.
- Word Stress Pass shows the number of skills that were above the skills threshold
- Word Stress Samples is the number of skills assessed.
- Word Stress Results show Pass/Train/Fail based on the course settings.
- Fluency Score shows the number of skills that were above the skills threshold.
- Fluency Samples is the number of skills assessed
- Fluency Results show Pass/Train/Fail based on the course settings.
- Weighted Score is calculated based on percentages set in the Course Settings.
- Weighted Category shows Pass/Train/Fail based on the course settings.
- Last Login shows the date and time of the most recent login.
the weighted score, and the weighted category. Pass, Train, and Fail thresholds are set in the Edit Course menu.
The Weighted Score
It is possible the adjust the scoring system using the skills threshold (see above) and/or the percentage weight given to each skill. These percentages are set in the course. To adjust the weighting, go to the Teacher Tools menu / Class Management / Edit Course and click on the Intelligent Tutor tab.
In this example, equal weight is given to each skill category. This might be appropriate for an integrated skills course.
By changing these values the weighted score in the Summary Assessment report will change according to the new settings.
In this example, the final score is weighted Word Stress 25% / Pronunciation 50% / Fluency 25% / Grammar 0%
This would be an appropriate weighting when there is not grammar included in the classroom curriculum, for example in a pronunciation course.